We wanted to make quality titanium frames more affordable without compromising manufacturing standards or ride quality. So we designed the Strada Classic. Bikes for the real world is our central philosophy and this new frame is another realisation of that attitude. It opens up the virtues of titanium to more people, and gives a more traditional aesthetic style.
- The Strada Classic brings the magical titanium ride quality and our quality materials/manufacturing standards to an even lower price.
- $2,950 gets you the Strada Classic titanium frame, Bossi Carbon Road Disc fork, and Bossi Carbon seatpost.
- Full builds start at $5280.
- Optimised and simplified frame design reduces manufacturing costs and retail price without any compromise to quality.
- The Strada Classic is "trickle down" tech for Bossi. We've taken the learnings from our high end frames to make better bikes at lower cost.
The good news for buyers is that we kept what’s really important from the $3,850 Strada frameset and only changed a few nice-to-have features to hit $2,950.
So, even with the lower price you still get the same:
- High manufacturing and quality control standards.
- 50 year warranty.
- Premium materials found on our flagship models.
- Unique detailing; 3D CNC dropout, CNC engraved headtube, brush titanium finish.
- Toray T800 carbon fork and seatpost from the Strada and Summit frames.
What we changed:
- External shift cable routing.
- Removed the front derailleur braze-on tab.
- Switched from tapered to straight 44mm head tube.
- Returned to a traditional bottom bracket shell, from our 3D CNC design.
-Simplified tube shaping on seat and chain stays.
The Strada Classic is available to buy right now, with a full range of sizes available at our Sydney HQ. Current build options are listed below but we're ready to talk if you dream of custom.
FRAMESET $2,950 (follow link for more details)
FULL BUILDS starting from $5,280 (follow link for more details)
The Strada Classic features external cable routing which helps simplify the manufacturing process without impacting the ride character or quality of the bike.
We love modern mechanical disc brake groupsets. There are superb options from Campagnolo, Shimano, and SRAM to suit a range of budgets. The affordable Strada Classic frameset paired with inexpensive mid-level componentry result in builds with exceptional value/performance ratios. We can now bring high performance titanium to a much lower overall build cost through optimised frame design and considered component selection.
The hydraulic brake hose routing is still internal through the down tube and fork, and the shift cable guides are neatly placed under the down tube. The final builds is neat and svelte, well deserving of its ‘Classic’ title.
The Strada Classic has a new comfort-optimised road geometry inspired by its racier Strada sibiling. It's a geometry we’re calling ‘Relaxed Race’. The angles are that of a racey road bike, but with a taller and shorter front end for a slightly more upright fit. That means riders can have the handling sensations of thoroughbred road bike without compromising comfort and usability.
We've kept wheelbase and chainstay lengths inline with road-race standards, to keep responsive power delivery and sharp handling. So, in many ways, the Strada Classic has a similar fit to endurance bikes but handling characteristics closer to road-race frame. There's an aesthetic benefit to the geometry changes too. It means customers can have fewer spacers under their stem for a cleaner looking build.
We haven't compromised any of our manufacturing standards despite the lower price. That means the same materials, weld quality, hydroformed top tube and down tube, butted down tube, 3D CNC dropouts, CNC engraved head tube, and brushed finish, and most importantly - our 50 year warranty.
We're utilising our tried and true press fit bottom bracket design that has performed reliably on all other models. We're proud to say that we've never had a customer mention creaking bottom brackets on our press fit titanium frames. You can buy the Strada Classic with confidence that it will be smooth and quiet.